Friday, April 25, 2008

Keeping it real at 38 weeks...

Well, here we are at 38 weeks and some change. Hard to believe the big day is almost here. When we first found out we were pregnant it was kinda surreal and didn't really sink in much. It was just something that was way out there that we wouldn't have to think about for awhile. Well, those days are gone. Everyday I wake up wondering if this is the day. We are terribly excited and ready for the day to come. Hope you all are too.

Had the 38 week check-up on Wednesday. Baby Jansen is doing great and is positioned for arrival. The doctor even said that this coming week seemed likely. Not sure if he was serious or just trying to make Erin feel better. I've always loved my wife with all my heart and have had so much respect for her. But I tell you, what she's sacrificed for the family the past 9 months has made me respect her even more. I think God is well aware that men (especially me) couldn't handle carrying a baby for 40 weeks and knew that women (especially Erin) were a lot stronger and would get through it much better.
I've attached some pictures for everyone to check out. Hope you all are doing well. Say a little prayer for a safe delivery of Baby Jansen!



1 comment:

The Dahline Family said...

We can't wait to meet Baby Jansen!